I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Steven Tyler Blows Roof Off Kennedy Center Honoring McCartney

This post is in thanks to my dear mother. During one of our morning chats on my walk to the subway, she told me about the Kennedy Center Honors special. She only watched of course because the love of her life my father Sir Paul McCartney was among those honored.

In case you don't know, the Kennedy Center Honors is an annual honor given to those in the performing arts for their lifetime of contributions to American culture. Obviously, Paul's recognition is way past due. He shared the evening with Oprah Winfrey, Merle Haggard, Jerry Herman and Bill T. Jones.

Mom couldn't get over how boring the entire production was - that is, until Steven Tyler took the stage as the final act to pay homage to the Beatle. I'm sure, like me, you're wondering why in the hell the Aerosmith frontman was the chosen one for the dedication. The answer is beyond me, but I'll take it because Tyler nailed it.

Performing the last few songs off Abbey Road, Tyler rocked the Kennedy Center. Paul looked pretty pleased, as did Oprah and a randomly spotted John Lithgow. See for yourself below:

No comments:

Post a Comment