I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Got No Game

I've been told recently that I "got no game." Not really sure what that means, so I decided to do some research.

According to urbandictionary.com "game" is:

  1. a measure of smoothness with the opposite sex

  2. lines or moves you use to get the opposite sex into bed

  3. pick up lines

  4. skill

  5. mojo/sexdrive

  6. the ability to seduce anybody of the opposite sex...or same sex for that matter

  7. discourse marked by force and persuasiveness, either with women or in any situation to get what one wants; also the art or power of using such discourse

  8. the quality of forceful or persuasive expressiveness (ie: "Tyrone pulled that hot chocolate model last night because he got game.")
Tyrone! You dog, you! Teach me your ways!! I've come to the realization that having "game" is crucial, especially since I'm single and would like to date. How will I ever meet anyone without any game? This is a crisis. I recently set a goal for myself: I want five guys to ask for my number before the summer is over. That can't be too hard, right? I've never had a guy ask me for my number before, so the idea thrills me. Does that make me corny? Old fashioned? A loser? I don't know and I don't care. I'd like some summer lovin'. However, no one will be asking for my digits unless I get some game first.

I asked my sister and half-brother (who so kindly informed me that I got no game) what that meant and how I go about changing this. They rolled their eyes and walked away. Apparently they care about me enough to let me know my game is lacking, but not enough to help me get some.

To start, maybe I should play less Bubble Spinner. That might help. Secondly, perhaps I should put myself out there more. Let's face it, I'm probably not going to meet any hot young thangs at Cocktails with the Whales (my new favorite summer event). I honestly don't have the slightest idea how to go about getting game. Should I wear my hair differently? Change my wardrobe? Take dance lessons? Topdatingtips.com says I should flirt more. The site provides a list on how to flirt by use of body language:
  • Prolonged eye contact
  • Dilated pupils
  • Arched eyebrows
  • Winking
  • Rapid eye movement and blinking
  • Stroking or toying with hair
  • Smiling
  • Licking of lips
  • Touching the lips or teeth with tongue
  • Thrusting chest or breasts outward
  • Mirroring or copying posture
  • Crossing legs
  • Leaning inward
  • Open-legged posture
So if I arch my eyebrows, sit with my legs open and stick out my boobs I'll get a date? HA!
For now, I'm just going to watch The Pickup Artist and take notes. If anyone reading this (does anyone even know I have a blog?) has any tips for me, I'll be super duper thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment