I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

For the Love of "Blood"

Over the weekend I made the mistake of watching episodes 1 through 7 of True Blood season one. I've been to the Blockbuster in town every day since searching for the next disc with episodes 8 through 10. I think I'm starting to get on the employees' nerves.

Apparently, the Blockbuster in my town is unaware that True Blood is the best/most watched show on HBO and has failed to notice that vampires are taking over pop culture because they only have one copy of each disc in the season. What are you thinking, Blockbuster?! Don't you know that there is NOTHING to do in this town?! What are we bored, unemployed, single twenty-somethings supposed to do when some jerk rents disc 4 and NEVER returns it?! Does Blockbuster think I'm going to buy the entire season from them brand new? They're selling it for $55!!! That's outrageous! Obviously, the only reason I'm living in this town is so I can bunk up with my parents because I can't afford to live on my own. And they think I can afford to buy the season?! I wasn't even sure if I could afford to rent it! I guess I never should have rented it and saved myself the $1.99 because now Blockbuster is just teasing and tormenting me because they DON'T HAVE THE NEXT DISC AVAILABLE!

I tried to go about watching the rest of season one the illegal way. Didn't work out so well. A very gracious friend sent me a link where I could download each episode. I was ecstatic! I couldn't wait to get out of work, go home and download all the episodes I had missed. To my dismay, when I clicked the download button, the page refreshed and said "that link is no longer available." You can imagine my disappointment. I know there are other ways to illegally download this show. Unfortunately I am not a computer-savvy, nerdy rebel and don't know how to go about doing this. I do, however, know one computer savvy, nerdy rebel who could help me, but he tends to tease and torment me almost as much as Blockbuster. All I want to do is get lost in Bon Temps, reunite with my girl, Sookie, AND FIND OUT WHETHER OR NOT BILL WAS BURNT TO A CRISP WITH THE REST OF THE VAMPIRES IN THE HOUSE THAT WAS SET ON FIRE BY THE ANGRY TOWNSPEOPLE!

Actually, I already know what happens because I read the books, but that's besides the point. I think I'll call Blockbuster this afternoon and ask if they have disc 4 instead of going into the store again. It's likely I'll harass the employees, should disc 4 still not be there. I wouldn't want to be thrown out of Blockbuster. I can see the headlines now...


Local Woman Threatens to Stake Blockbuster Employees

Colchester - A woman was thrown out of Blockbuster Wednesday after threatening
to stake two employees. Witnesses say the woman, 23-year-old Colchester resident,
Jenny Erasmus, became violent when she discovered disc 4 of season one of the
popular HBO television show True Blood was not in stock. It was her fifth visit to the
store since Sunday. A Blockbuster employee said, "She came into the store with the
devil in her eyes."...




Maybe I should move back to New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment