I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mother Nature, Cut the Crap!

It's snowing in Colchester right now! Isn't it April?! I can't take it! What the heck is Mother Nature's problem?! Where's my sunshine and warmth and daffodils?! UGH! The Easter Bunny won't hippity hoppity to my house in the SNOW!

The weather is in NO way brightening my mood (in case you couldn't tell). I'm fed up with applying for jobs. FED. UP. I'm taking a few days off to try and calm my nerves. In the meantime I'll just close my eyes and imagine my feet in the hot sand, the sound of waves crashing in the background, my cheeks pink with sunburn . . . When that gets too painful I'll picture myself as a succesful CAREEER woman in New York City with an exciting job that makes other people jealous. Hey! A girl can dream, can't she?!

Life in Colchester is dull. The only excitement comes from episodes of American Idol. Last night my mom and I had a fit because my dad was watching some dumb show about a dumb couple building a dumb deck in their backyard. We started American Idol late because of his dumb show. (No lie, this show was worse than The Hills, which I sadly watched the premiere of Monday night. For the record, Heidi is an ass and Spencer takes shots like a pansy.)


We were DVRing Idol, but it lasted longer than one hour (because Paula Abdul takes too many drugs and cannot SHUT UP) and the DVR is not smart enough to know that, so we missed Adam Lambert's performance. If we hadn't watched the dumb show about the dumb couple building that dumb deck, we wouldn't have missed Adam Lambert give such a stellar performance that Simon Cowell gave him a standing ovation! The first Simon Cowell standing ovation in American Idol history! DAD! UGH!

He will NOT have control over the remote tonight. NO. WAY. Tonight is the Idol results show (PLEASE AMERICA, SEND THE BLIND GUY HOME.) and a new episode of LOST.

I watch too much tv. I need a new hobby. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment