I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

ANTM Season 16: Tyra's a Jokester!

Last night I spent a few hours catching up on the new season of America's Next Top Model. It was painful...but entertaining, I guess. The prizes remain surprisingly whopping this season - a contract with IMG (the TOP modeling agency in the world), a spread in Vogue Italia, a contract with Cover Girl, blah, blah, blah. The girls are just as nuts as every other cycle. If you've been watching, you MUST agree with me that Alexandria is like, the worst thing you've ever seen. In the premiere she declared, "I just have a natural swag." More like a natural stick up your ass and screw loose in your head! Maybe I should re-audition. Put these crazies in their place. Eh, maybe not.

Shockingly, Tyra annoyed me less than usual. Not sure why. Maybe it's the influence Harvard is having on her. Oh, you haven't heard? Yeah, Tyra Banks enrolled in Harvard Business School. She lives in a dorm and everything. I'm not joking. Look it up.

The one welcome change came at the very beginning of season 16 (16?! HOW?!). Instead of making 30+ girls each walk in front of Tyra and the judges to plea for a place on America's silliest reality contest, Tyra already had her top 14 chosen before they arrived in LA. Tyra, however, didn't want us to forget about that not-so-crucial part in the competition, so she mocked herself and her beloved wannabe models in a sketch of sorts. Dare I say it...Tyra was actually funny. See for yourself below:



Side note: Remember that TV movie Tyra was in years ago where she was a life-size Barbie who came to life? Was Lindsay Lohan in that, too? I gotta find it...

No comments:

Post a Comment