I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

A very very bad bad girl, GaGa


"Once you kill a cow, you gotta make a burger."
 
Though I've never heard this phrase and can't be quite sure what it means, I'm pretty certain GaGa has killed the cow and successfully made a burger - the beefiest, juiciest burger ever. The kind of burger that would give a vegetarian nightmares for life. On second thought, maybe it would turn a vegetarian into a carnivore. As far as I'm concerned, there's no resisting Lady GaGa.
 
Wondering what in the world I'm talking about? It's a phrase GaGa used in her latest mind-blowing music video. The comment is just one of many hilarious, bizarre moments in this incredibly original mini-movie featuring Beyonce as "Honey B" - Gaga's foul-mouthed, murderous partner in crime. It's safe to say GaGa brings out the best in her (as she does all of us). She busted GaGa out of jail, picked her up in a statement vehicle (to say the least) and then the duo poisoned the town.


"Telephone" can best be summed up by my best GaGa-fanatic friend. This is from an email he sent me regarding the Ga's latest work of spectacular art:
 
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
When I tell you that I watched that vid like 6 times, I really mean I watched that vid like 10 times.
Her talking to her sister who looks just like her at the beginning...killlllllllllllllllllllllllllllll me!
The trannies at the beginning...UGHHHHHHHH!
Cigarette glasses...WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!?!?!?!?!!?!?
Everyone dying from Americanized food and them dancing in flags...YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!
Let's make a Sandwich...uyoyoyoyyooyoy!
Leopard Print madness on the pussy wagon...Rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Thelma and Louise montage at the end...PUT A STAKE IN MY HEART!
I DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FOR HERRRRR."

What more is there to say?

The Ga had a whole lot of stunning and sultry surprises hiding up those latex sleeves of hers, including smoking cigarette sunglasses, Diet Coke hair rollers and Quentin Tarantino's "Pussy Wagon". No joke. (SIDE NOTE: I am impatiently waiting for GaGa and Honey B to pick me up in the pussy wagon.)

In an earlier post, I mentioned my distaste with "Telephone" upon first listen. Even GaGa agrees! She recognizes the triteness of the song and used the video as a way to dig deeper into the song's meaning:

"I wanted to ... take a decidedly pop song, which on the surface has a quite shallow meaning, and turn it into something deeper: the idea that America is full of young people that are inundated with information and technology and turn it into something that is more of a commentary on the kind of country that we are." 

Yes!

The video is hilarious, exciting and entertaining to the fullest extent. It's a work of art. A work of art that no one can pull off like GaGa. It was worth the wait - and the teasing and torturing - and surely lived up to the hype. Haters be damned. GaGa strikes again. If you haven't seen it, please take a moment (a 9 1/2 minute moment) to treat your eyes and ears by CLICKING HERE RIGHT NOW.

When discussing "Telephone" with Ryan Seacrest last month, GaGa said, "What I like about it is, it's a real true pop event. When I was younger I was always excited when there was a big giant event happening in pop music and that's what I wanted this to be." Mission accomplished, GaGa. 

The best part? No, it's not the "Let's Make a Sandwich" montage or the first time we see Honey B. It's the end when "TO BE CONTINUED..." rolls across the screen! When and where this will happen is too much to consider at this point in time, especially while we're still digesting "Telephone."

In the meantime, I'll be wishing and hoping that just maybe my dreams will come true and the third installment will bring back my beloved vampire.


No comments:

Post a Comment