I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And the Nominees Are

Happy Academy Award Nomination day!

James Franco & Anne Hathaway, the 2011 Oscar hosts
With the 83rd annual Oscar Awards just a little over a month away, nominees were announced this morning. The list of Best Picture noms isn't surprising anyone. In case you haven't heard, the nominees are:

Black Swan
The Fighter
Inception
The Kids Are Alright
The King's Speech
127 Hours
The Social Network
Toy Story 3
True Grit
Winter's Bone

I haven't seen all of the above and therefore, have no right whatsoever to offer my opinion on which film should take home the gold. However, this is my blog and I do what I want. In a perfect world, Toy Story 3 wins. Tell me you don't have the same wish. Tell me!

The King's Speech received the most nominations with 12, and will probably win a hearty handful of awards, which just annoys me. I can't understand the appeal of Colin Firth. He bores me to tears unless he's being chased in the falling snow by a lunatic in tighty whities (named Bridget Jones).

If Toy Story can't pull through, I'll be satisfied if The Social Network takes home the Best Picture prize. Based on its success at the Golden Globes, it's a likely possibility. The movie about Facebook certainly kicks ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment