I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

'New York Times' Delivers Yoko’s Message


Apparently subscribers to the NY Times received a special message from Yoko Ono this morning. Each issue included a poster reading “War is Over” - part of Yoko's (and John's) message to spread world peace.


In a tweet early today Yoko asked readers to display the signs in visible, public places to spread the message. I’m not a subscriber of the newspaper (as I cannot afford such extravagancies), but I would very much like to get my hands on a copy because you know I’ll do as Yoko commands and hang that ish in my window for all of Brooklyn to see.

On her Imagine Peace website, she wrote:

Dear Friends
Download, print & display these posters
in your window, school, workplace, car
and  elsewhere over the holiday season.
Send them as postcards to your friends.
We say it in so many ways, but we are one.
I love you!
yoko 

If you’d like to join Yoko and I, click HERE to download a copy of the poster to print out and hang in your window. And if you don't speak English, it's cool because Yoko came prepared. She's made a "War is Over" poster in over 100 languages.

In a similar story, there was a small box under my Christmas tree this year with a tag on it reading To Jenny, From Yoko. Inside were a pair of peace sign earrings. I love my mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment