I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snowing in Taylor's House

This is me swallowing my pride, admitting to you that I love this song and the corresponding music video.

Someone's all grown up. If you don't believe me, watch this:



Guess what, haters? I don't see any fairytales here. No magical moments. No butterflies or castles or ball gowns. Heck, there isn't even curly, golden hair. Or pants! Oh my GaGa.

Taylor Swift's newest music video for her sad, regretful "Back to December" (rumored to be about Taylor Lautner) is quite the opposite of a fairytale in fact. I see tears and loneliness and a pretty sincere portrayal of the unfortunate pain that can only be caused from a broken heart.

I think it's beautifully done, despite the fact that it makes me feel cold, like when I watch Titanic. I'm sure that was the director's intention. Like I said, there'e nothing warm and fuzzy about these lyrics: So this is me swallowing my pride, standing in front of you, saying I'm sorry for that night, and I go back to December all the time, It turns out freedom aint nothin' but missin' you, wishin' I'd realized what I had when you were mine...

Certainly a tearjerker. Certainly not something an innocent, naive little girl could come up with.

My favorite part is when it starts snowing inside Taylor's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment