I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

All the Cool Girls Cover Loretta Lynn

If you're young and cool and a leading lady in a band these days, you're likely paying tribute to country queen Loretta Lynn on tour.

Over the summer I witnessed Paramore's Josh and Hayley cover "You Ain't Woman Enough (To Take My Man)". To my surprise and enjoyment, Best Coast decided to mimic the honor, belting out a cover of  Lynn's "Fist City" yesterday at their New York show. Both renditions were equally charming and ironically fitting for the band borrowing her lyrics. I'm into it. Ladies, note to selves: in regards to Hayley and Best Coast's Bethany, don't get in their way and don't even think about touching their men.

Check out the performances here:


No comments:

Post a Comment