I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Friday, September 3, 2010

Fall is Here, Set Your DVR!

The Emmy's are over, bringing last season's television to a dramatic close as LOST won no awards. I'll forever hold a grudge, Emmy voters. On the brighter side, September is upon us! Hurricane Earl threatens the East coast! Fall is in the air and you know what that means...season premiere time!

After some thorough research, I am not in the least bit interested in any new shows coming out this fall. Surprised? Me, too. Maybe I'm missing something. Perhaps I'll change my mind in the weeks to come. I so badly wish I worked at TV Guide or Entertainment Weekly so I could actually watch pilot episodes before the rest of the world. That way I'd be able to give you my honest opinion on the show and advise you to either watch it or avoid it. If only.

During college I interviewed for an internship at TV Guide. I vividly remember the Managing Editor taking me into a room filled with drawers and drawers and drawers of TV episodes. My heaven! Every television show you could imagine was in storage at the TV Guide offices. I also remember every cubicle I saw had it's very own tiny television set. My dream job!

Anyways, television really destroyed me last season. LOST ended, ABC kicked Ugly Betty off the air. Simon Cowell announced his resignation from American Idol. Steve Carrell announced MIchael Scott is saying goodbye to The Office after this year. Quit breaking my heart, you silly networks.

Despite the constant upset, I've devised a plan as the new season approaches. I'm sticking by my favorites and paying little attention to the new stuff, unless of course I find out I'm missing out on something worthwhile. As of now, there are only a few pilots I'll consider trying. For the most part I plan to dedicate my free time to catching up on series I never started, but wish I had. First up? CommunityMad Men and Breaking Bad. That is, after I finish My So-Called Life.

I constructed a list of premiere dates and times to make setting your DVR a little simpler. I've only included the shows popular at my house. I apologize for any inconveniences. Get ready. Good stuff starts this week! Happy watching :)

Wednesday, September 8th
 - America's Next Top Model @ 8pm, CW

Thursday, September 9th
The Vampire Diaries @ 8pm on CW

Monday, September 13th
Gossip Girl @ 9pm on CW

Thursday, September 16th [DVR ALERT!]
Always Sunny in Philadelphia @ 10pm on FX
The Apprentice @ 10pm on NBC

Monday, September 20th [DVR ALERT!]
Chuck @ 8pm on NBC
The Event @ 9pm on NBC (Series Premiere)
Two and a Half Men @ 9pm on CBS
Lone Star @ 9pm on FOX
Hawaii Five-O @ 10pm on CBS (Series Premiere)

Tuesday, September 21st
Glee (!!!!!) @ 8pm on FOX
Running Wilde @ 9:30 on FOX (Series Premiere)

Wednesday, September 22nd
Modern Famliy @ 9pm on ABC

Thursday, September 23rd
The Big Bang Theory @ 8pm on CBS
30 Rock @ 8:30pm on NBC
The Office @ 9pm on NBC
The Mentalist @ 10pm on CBS

Sunday, September 26th
Amazing Race @ 8:30pm on CBS

No comments:

Post a Comment