I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hey, I made you a mixtape: 9/26

I'm laying on my bed, listening to fireworks explode in the distance. (There's a town celebration.) There are few things in life that I hate. Unfortunately, this is one of them. Hearing fireworks, but not seeing fireworks feels like cruel and unusual punishment to me. Why can't I be underneath them? Why am I not witnessing these miraculous explosions of fire before my very eyes? Why am I blogging instead? It's like my Hooper Humperdink post. I'm always missing out.

In addition to fireworks, I hear acorns dropping on the pavement of the street outside. A gentle, cool breeze is blowing through my open bedroom window. This week's mix goes out to the end of September. Autumn is officially here as of a few days ago. Brisk air, fallen leaves and pumpkin pies are right around the corner. I'm attempting optimism as the season changes. My positive attitude will help me get out of Connecticut and on with my life. Here's the soundtrack playing in my head this week as I begin to make said changes...



01  Jilted Lovers and Broken Hearts - Brandon Flowers
02  Gimme Sympathy - Metric
03  When I'm With You - Best Coast
04  If You Run - Boxer Rebellion
05  All the Beautiful Things - Eels
06  Crown on the Ground - Sleigh Bells
07  Rococo - Arcade Fire
08  Dreams - The Cranberries
09  Aphrodite - Kylie Minogue
10  You Told a Lie - Camera Obscura

No comments:

Post a Comment