I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Summer Chick Lit Must List

One day I'll pen my own chick lit book. It's going to be a best seller, I swear. You'll love it. I already know what it's going to be about - don't ask. It's extremely confidential. I think I finally figured out my ending, so you shouldn't have to wait too much longer.
Until then, I suggest pouring over the pages of novels by the likes of Janet Evanovich, Jodi Picoult, and Emily Griffin - all of which have new books soon to be on shelves. Perfect for beach reading, girls!
I just finished Picoult's latest, House Rules. It wasn't her best, but it was everything you'd expect to get out of a J.P. novel - a heart wrenching tale of a family's imperfections, complete with an edge of your beach chair court scene ending. Gripping!
Here's what's currently on my Amazon.com wish-list:
  • Heart of the Matter by Emily Griffin, out now!
  • Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner, July 13
  • My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares, June 1
  • Insatiable by Meg Cabot, June 8
  • Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich, June 22
While you're waiting for those, may I suggest the best earlier novels of the above authors?
  • Something Borrowed and Something Blue by Emily Griffin
  • Certain Girls or In Her Shoes by Jennifer Weiner
  • The Last Summer (Of You and I) by Ann Brashares
  • One for the Money by Janet Evanovich
When you finish reading them and your summer comes to an end, don't be sad. There's always next summer when Griffin's first novel (her best), Something Borrowed, hits the silver screen. Yes! It's being made into a movie! Starring Kate Hudson, Ginnifer Goodwin and John Krasinski! Did I just make your day?
John Krasinski's smile always makes my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment