I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Friday, April 2, 2010

I Can Hear Music

"There's stars in my eyes, and there's sun in my hair..."
 
Ahhh, springtime. So long, snow and frigid winter air. Hello, sunshine and green, green grass. Tulips are blooming. Trees are budding. She & Him are singing new tunes.


What lovelier way to kick off the springtime than with a brand new album by indie folk pop pair Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward? Talk about twitterpated. If the collection of songs on Volume Two doesn't pinch your heart and make you want to skip in a park, you're a cold-blooded buffoon.

Maybe it's because I've been waiting so long for the second Volume. Maybe it's simply because I love this duo like a fat kid loves cake. Whatever the reason, this follow up album is better than the first. It makes me want to cut my bangs and go shopping at a hipster thrift store in Brooklyn. It makes me want to learn how to play my guitar that's been collecting dust since Christmas and write love songs for a boy who breaks my heart. It makes me want to jump in my car, roll the windows down and drive through town singing "In the Sun" at the top of my lungs.

If you've yet to notice the sun shining or the birds and crickets chirping, please take a listen and smile. What a way to warm up our frozen hearts.



Now go buy yourself a hula-hoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment