I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Shrek for O.P.I.

My dream job is to work for O.P.I. designing nail polish colors and corresponding names. My favorite part about getting a manicure and pedicure is not the massage chair or the foot rub or the way my nails look without cuticles when I'm done. No, my favorite part is picking out the color. I don't tend to pick colors based on their shade. Rather, I pick a color based on it's clever, witty name. If I'm interested in pink, but not sure which shade suites my current mood best, I'll choose based on the crafty name. "Pinking of You?" Adorable! "Pink Before You Leap?" Yes, please! "Aphrodite's Pink Nightie?" Put that on my nails right now! My personal favorite O.P.I. color and name is "My Chihuahua Bites."

Since I have such an interest in nail polish, I couldn't help but notice O.P.I.'s newest colors. In honor of the fourth installment of Shrek films, Shrek Forever After, the company has released a handful of Ogre inspired colors. Do you love it?! Too bad my job requires me to be professional. Nail polish colors other than basic pinks and reds aren't allowed. How boring. I'll save "Ogre-the-Top Blue" for my days off. Check 'em out below:


Who the Shrek Are You?  -  Ogre-the-Top Blue   -  Fiercely Fiona

Funky Dunkey  -   What's with the Cattitude?  -  Rumple's Wiggin'


I'm gonna go figure out how to get my hands on a bottle of "Funky Dunkey." Meanwhile, if you know how I can score a job with O.P.I. please let me know. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment