I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

GaGa Prays for Lunacy, God Grants Her Wish

The September issue of Vanity Fair is a rare gem. With GaGa gracing the cover in a long grey wig giving the peace sign, you know there's a treat amongst those glossy pages. The article blew my mind. Unlike other artists and actors who you read the same thing about time and time again, GaGa constantly creates a whole new kind of madness as she invites us deeper into her wild life and mind.




Did you know, for example, that as a teenager growing up in Manhattan GaGa prayed for lunacy?

"I used to pray every night that God would make me crazy. I prayed that God would teach me something, that he would instill in me a creativity and strangeness that all of those people that I loved and respected had."

The fame monster also has a phobia that the God-granted creativity will be stolen from her via her vagina:

"I don't really have sex. Well, sometimes. But I'm drawn to bad romances. And my song ["Bad Romance"] is about whether I go after those [sort of relationships] or if they find me. I'm quite celibate now; I don't really get time to meet anyone... I do fuck, but I"m certainly not promiscuous... I'm perpetually lonely. I'm lonely when I'm in relationships. It's my condition as an artist. Listen, I prayed for lunacy, and He gave it to me. It's a bit of a sick thing when a 17-year-old says in her nightly prayers that I would rather die young and a legend than be married with children and die an old lady in my bed. I also think I'm afraid of depleting my energy. I have this weird thing that if I sleep with someone they're going to take my creativity from me through my vagina."




I love her. Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment