I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hey, I made you a mixtape: 8/22

I've decided to make you a mixtape every week. I'll post a new set of 10 or so songs each weekend from now on. Some songs will be old. Some will be new. Some will indeed be blue. Deal? Cool.

This week's collection of songs reflects my rainy day mood that is slowly approaching. Forecast predicts rain for the next three days. I can feel it in the air. I can also feel summer slipping away and this sad fact makes me want to cry. Don't take my warm nights, chirping crickets and beach days yet. Not before I've found my summer love. 

In addition to the disappearance of summer, this mix reflects a gradual sense of loneliness that's been creeping up on me. You really can't blame me. My two best girlfriends left. Gone. Vanished. Poof! Right into thin air… One is in Florida, continuing her summer for the next 12 months in a state of perpetual humidity. The other - a friend and now former co-worker, which is a double whammy -  ran away to the Big Apple straight into the arms of her boyfriend and the snuggly critters at the West Chelsea Veterinary. It's so dreary over here. Enjoy…



01  Happy - Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins
02  It's Only Love - The Beatles
03  Run the Heart - Sleigh Bells
04  Growing Pains - La Roux
05  Pale Blue Eyes - The Kills
06  Infinite Arms - Band of Horses
07  The Ghost Who Walks - Karen Elson
08  Home is Where You're Happy - As Tall As Lions
09  Cornerstone - Arctic Monkeys
10  I Remember - Yeasayer
11  Brand New Shoes - She & Him
12  Mine - Taylor Swift (sorry, I can't help myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment