I think we're at our best by the flicker by the light of the TV set.

Monday, August 16, 2010

If You're Happy and You Know it, Clap Your Ting Tings

I'm sick of waiting! Give me something good to listen to, Katie and Jules!
 
Brit pop duo, The Ting Tings, will release their LONG AWAITED sophomore album sometime before this year ends, though I can't seem to find a scheduled release date anywhere. The follow-up to 2008's We Started Nothing does, however, have a title: Kunst. The word is German for "art", but that's not why the Tings chose it. Kunst is the name of a massage parlour in Berlin located just around the corner from the studio where they recorded the new album. Cool!
 
The Ting Tings - Hands
 
With their debut album The Ting Tings sold over 4 million copies worldiwde, took Apple by storm supplying the soundtrack to an iPod commercial with "Shut Up and Let Me Go" and performed on Saturday Night Live. Their unsuspecting fame kept them busy for long enough. I've been impatiently awaiting new tunes. Shut me up and let me go and give me something new to dance to, Katie and Jules!
 
Word on the street is the first single off Kunst will be released Monday, October 11th. Mark your calendars! The electro-pop jam is supposedly a shout out to everyone who's working too hard. If you're happy and you know it, clap your HANDS!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment